A silver figure representing dancing Russian peasant. Typically attired, standing on one foot on a flat base, arms raised, one hand holding a vodka-bottle.
The jewellery firm of Khlebnikov was founded circa 1865 by Ivan Khlebnikov (1819-1881) in St. Petersburg, but transferred to Moscow in 1871. The firm was famous for producing silver items of originality and exceptional quality, decorated in the traditional Russian style. The firm produced silverware for Imperial palaces in Gatchina and St. Petersburg (1870’s). The firm gained international acclaim receiving numerous awards at Russian and world art fairs. In 1879, Khlebnikov became an official purveyor to the Imperial court of Russia.